Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Road

Tomorrow morning I'll pick up a rented van, load as many of my possessions into it as will fit, and start driving up the road from desert SoCal to the Pacific Northwest. I'll drop my cargo in a storage bin up in the rainy country and head back to the desert to close the deal on my house, then turn my face north again, and head out slowly in my aged but trusty Insecto Amarillo (that's "yellow VW bug" to any monolingualists here).

I doubt I'll ever return to this place.

I have a long way to go this week and much to do in a very short time, so posting will be light or nonexistent.

Once arrived permanently I'll be moving in with my mother. She's reached that age where she needs help, and I'm grateful I have the chance to give it to her.

Until then, Vaya con Dios.

2 comments:

Sator Arepo said...

Safe travels, friend. (Si Dios quiere.)

Joe said...

I think it's good that the process seems to be moving along quickly. I look forward to seeing you again soon, then.