Thursday, January 15, 2009

Blue Funk


It was a mistake to drive down to the desert; I knew it was the wrong thing to do as soon as I left Bakersfield.

The desert was my Waterloo, a locale saturated with massive karmic accumulations of heartache and sorrow, and I should avoid the place. Being there makes me feel all hollowed out inside, like an empty eggshell, not to mention scared.

I have to accept that I'll never get over That Woman and never get over cigarettes, and it's insane to ever revisit either of them. I might be able to get over both of them if I was 20 years younger. Older people aren't as resilient, and don't bounce as well as the younger ones.

I have to accept I'll always have that hole in the center, and go on from there, and never look back. The road beckons.

But sometimes I feel like I'm asleep at the wheel.

4 comments:

Joe said...

Some people say they like the desert. I don't understand.

Sator Arepo said...

Dude, Cboxx,

I hope you feel better. I put down cigs about 12 weeks ago and I still miss them.

I wish you well. (I love the desert. Lived in NM for 8 years.)

SA

Joe said...

Maybe the climate could be well tolerable if the house were built right.

Dave keep letting us know about your smokes struggle. We want to keep encouraging your refusal to give in in it.

Roanna 'Zee' said...

We love you Dave!!!!!
Just keep the goal of a healthier YOU in your mind. Concentrate on that vision. (that's what I'm doing with my Celiac diet).
Good luck to both of us :-)