Thursday, May 07, 2009

Me and My Lappy


Me and my Lappy 486, we got a good thing going. Real good connectivity, real good taste. Today we made it all the way from Port Lud to Port Seattle, usually a two-hour trip, but stretched to four hours today because the Hood Canal Bridge is closed. Half the span is being replaced.

The route from home to yoga class on Phinney Ridge for the next few weeks will entail going around the Hood (not actually a) Canal, down its west side on Highway 101. It's a beautiful drive, taking in a lot of unspoiled, intensely green country dotted with marginal, wood-burning dwellings, but the road is narrow, winding, and mostly unlit. It's not at all suitable for night driving.

So I won't be going home tonight. Instead I'll stop at my sister's house to sleep. She lives halfway between here and there. Then tomorrow I'll negotiate 101 during the daylight hours. My, what a dedicated scholar I am.

Other than that, it's a very slow news day. Obama and Biden went out for burgers, and Dan Froomkin at the Washington Post has an excellent op-ed piece on the subject of the president's attitude (or lack of it) toward civilian casualties in Afghanistan.

No comments: