Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Northwest Sunshine


I don't think there are too many other places where writers are tempted to go on and on about the weather as often as we do here. That's because when the days finally turn fair, "fair" is an inadequate description. "Gorgeous" and "spectacular" are more appropriate descriptors, and a bright, sunny day in this preponderately gloomy region naturally produces feelings of spontaneous ecstasy in the pale residents.

So I'm going to cut this short and go out for a walk. Yahoo! weather reports an outdoor temperature of 55 degrees, but I know it's higher than that, especially in the sun. I'll take my usual woodland path up by the falls, and continue on to the little village convenience store and treat myself to a very rare treat, a candy bar. I don't usually indulge, but today's special because it's not raining or cloudy, the sun is shining, and it's actually warm outside.

1 comment:

Joe said...

Happy kid picture