Wednesday, August 19, 2009

And We're Climbing the Stairway to Heaven


I'm staying here beside the green water and it suits me.

Hanging among the green trees by the waterside, and it's peaceful.

In a fourplex by the side of the road in a remote place.

Where I can climb the stairway to heaven any time I want.

I think I'll forget about politics. Politics is caca.

Pericles, that old Greek politician guy, said way back in B.C. during the Peloponnesian War that "You may not take an interest in politics, but you can be sure politics takes an interest in you" (this according to Thucydides in his history of that war.)

I wouldn't want to be the one to argue with somebody so illustrious who's been dead that long, and anyway he may be right. I always thought if I at least knew what was going on, I'd know when they were coming to get me.

But any more I just can't do politics. No way. Not since it got so twitterfied, and all weirded out and nutted up with all this "death panel" &c. &c., and stuff.

I just can't do it any more since we went full frontal wingnut. Sorry guys.

Now, does anybody want a hot trip to heaven?

Regrades,

DB/CB

photo by me

1 comment:

Joe said...

Dave, I've been avoiding it pretty much, too.