Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Trouble in Mind












Trouble in mind, I'm blue,
But I won't be blue always;
The sun's gonna shine in
My back door someday.

I'm gonna lay my head
On some lonesome railroad line,
And Let that 2:19 train
Pacify my mind.

Trouble in mind, I'm so blue
I've almost lost my mind;
Sometimes I feel like livin',
Sometimes I feel like dyin'.

My good man has quit me,
And it sure does grieve my mind;
When you see me laughin'
I'm laughin' just to keep from cryin'.

This beautiful 1941 version of the traditional blues tune is sung by Sister Rosetta Tharpe, backed by Lucky Millinder's big band, with some very sweet, very early electric guitar accompaniment by Trevor Bacon.

1 comment:

Joe said...

Dave, I'm glad of your mention of her. She had some cutting edge pre rock'n'roll sound.