Saturday, February 27, 2010

danger zone -- updated


The Danger Zone
Performed by Johnny Adams


Sad and lonely all the time,
That's because I've got a worried mind;
You see the world is in an uproar
The Danger Zone is everywhere.

Just read your paper, and you'll see
Just exactly what keeps worryin' me --
You see the world is an uproar
And the Danger Zone is everywhere.

My love for the world is like always,
And the world is a part of me;
That's why I'm so afraid
Of all the progress that's being made
To eternity..to eternity...

Every morning and every night
Finds me hoping that everything is all right;
You see the world is in an uproar,
And the Danger Zone is everywhere, everywhere, everywhere.

I'd recommend giving this song a listen. You can download it off Aol Music, or I-Tunes, or wherever you get your MP3's from, for a buck. Or you can get the album, "Walking a Tightrope," from Amazon.

Update -- OK, for those of you who have never downloaded a song, or don't want to, or don't have a credit card, or don't have a dollar, you can hear (but not see a performance of) this song at YouTube.

You just gotta hear this thing if you haven't already. God, the guy absolutely nails that vocal. That, combined with the simplicity and directness of the lyrics, make this one to remember.

Update II -- Right. I got some of the information pertaining to this beautiful piece wrong. The author of it was Percy Mayfield, not Johnny Adams. Mayfield wrote it in 1968 (! Great year for music!) and Adams recorded this cover in 1989.

3 comments:

Joe said...

Dave, that diligence of yours paid off. I clicked on that You Tube link.

©∂†ß0X∑® said...

I hope you got to hear the song.

Joe said...

I did and consider it a fine song and prayer.