Friday, July 30, 2010

heart of the city

It's a beautiful and peaceful day here in the heart of the city. However, it's nearly four, and traffic is starting to pick up out in the street. I'll soon have to saddle up and ride home.

Right now the street looks just as you see it in the picture, except it's high summer here, of course, and not autumn as is shown in the photo.

I'm going to have to learn to ride the buses, so that when winter comes I won't start driving the car again. They actually look pretty comfortable, and if I get a senior citizens' pass I can ride for I think 50 cents a day. One of those long, articulated buses is stopped at the light out front of this place right now. I think all of those things are diesel hybrids in this town.

My yoga teacher just walked in the door. It seems odd to see her walking around the neighborhood and buying tea like a regular human being. Usually I only see her up in front of a class or working at her desk.

I'm spending less time on the computer and more time interacting with other humans these days. It's better that way.

No comments: