Wednesday, November 30, 2011

creep

I hadn't listened to contemporary music for a lot of years, but then one thing led to another, as people say.

There's a band called Radiohead, that has a song called "Creep," which in addition to being a very good song is a bruisingly good poem.

When you were here before
Couldn't look you in the eye
You're just like an angel
Your skin makes me cry
You float like a feather
In a beautiful world
I wish I was special
You're so fuckin special

But I'm a creep
I'm a weirdo
What the hell am I doing here?
I don't belong here

This comes as a revelation for anyone who ever actually felt that way, which is very many of us as it turns out, and that's a revelation too.

They say this song was written by Thomas Yorke, Jonathan Richard Guy Greenwood, Philip Selway, Colin Charles Greenwood, Edward John O'Brien, Albert Hammond, and Mike Hazelwood, but I'm not sure I believe it.

No comments: