Friday, May 18, 2012

roundabout seattle

I'll be traveling to the forest this morning as I usually do, so chances are that my career as a blogger and know-it-all will be temporarily compromised. Forecasts are for light-to-nonexistent posting for the next couple of days, as I attack the weeds in the garden and the food at the local cafe.

I'm glad to say I'll be moving away from the city very soon, but as cities go, this isn't a bad one. If you depart from the beaten path just a block or two, you're liable to run across considerable civic pride, expressed in such little projects as this lovely traffic roundabout at 112th and Fremont. It's maintained by the totally voluntary, unsolicited, and anonymous efforts of neighborhood residents, although probably their immediate neighbors know who they are.


No comments: