Saturday, July 14, 2012

hairless primates


Romney is truly disgusting; he's not even human.

Matt Taibbi nailed the essence of this primitive, un-evolved mind-stem in his Rolling Stone column yesterday: Romney really showed us something in his luridly self-congratulating N.A.A.C.P. gambit, followed by the awesomely disgusting "free stuff" post-mortem speech he delivered the next night in front of friendlier audiences. The twin appearances revealed the candidate to be not merely unlikable, and not merely a fatuous, unoriginal hack of politician, but also a genuinely repugnant human being, a grasping corporate hypocrite with so little feel for how to get along with people that he has to dream up elaborate schemes just to try to pander to the mob.

So true, and yet, I cannot bring myself to vote for Obama again. I've come to think of him as "Mr. Drone Warfare," and another brazen sell-out to the bankers, like Clinton.

I really don't care which of them wins, and I know there are many others like me. Do you realize what this says about us as a country?

Things haven't been this bad since the 1850's.

No comments: