Saturday, August 18, 2012

blogger doldrums


Bear with me, dear readers, for finding a topic to blog about has become difficult as getting blood out of a turnip. The presidential race in its final stages is becoming about as interesting as watching paint dry.

Neither do I feel like putting on my tinfoil hat and trying to pick up signals from planet Iris Blue 31, as we all do from time to time.

In fact, the computer holds little fascination for me these days. It's high summer over here in the Olympic Peninsula, and the world is drunk on warm sunshine and flower nectar.

Plus, I seem to have re-discovered the printed word, and I've been devouring books like two or three a week. Most recently a couple of re-reads, "Slaughterhouse Five" by Vonnegut, of course, and as I mentioned before, "A Clockwork Orange."

I find I'm able to concentrate my mind much more fully than I could even just a few years ago, and I'm finding meanings and nuances in the re-readings I never suspected before.

I'll look at the headlines some time today, but I don't expect to see much of interest there. Time to hunt up another book.
''

No comments: