Thursday, October 11, 2012

a moving experience


Took a trip to my local Home Depot store today and bought myself a nifty convertible hand truck. These are the hottest little item since sliced bread.

It easily goes from your usual vertical, two-wheeled dolly to a four-wheeled rolling platform -- just the thing for someone getting up in years and dealing with chronic respiratory problems, and faced with the daunting prospect of moving.

Plus this model's got everything: titanium-plated handle, tweed hubcaps, homogenized curb feelers -- the works.

And I'm certain Miss Moneypenny will be glad to know I saved $25 off the purchase price of $87 by applying for a Home Depot credit card at the register. So with that plus tax, it checked out at 67-something. I'm not too happy about Home Depot getting my Social Security number, but since everybody else has it already, they're probably the last to find out.

No comments: