Wednesday, November 07, 2012

pope urban I



I haven't seen eff oh ex news for a while because I have no TV. I could have walked down to the Bay Club last nite, where when the telly is on it's always on eff oh ex. I thought about going, but the way was dark and it was very late (7:30 is very late for me), but still I wanted to stay up for little bit.

The election didn't really matter that much to me. As much as anything else, it was a referendum on racism. Racism lost. I don't know if it's just this country or the whole world that always waits till today to solve yesterday's problems.

I was listening to NPR about 7:30 and it seemed pretty clear that O. Bama was thumping that other guy, What'shisname. We should never let Peggy Noonan and all the other windmill-charging, fantasy-spinning pundits forget how totally wrong they were.

It also seems that Liz Warren has won the open Sennet seat in Massachusetts. She will be fun to watch.

I have some advice for the Republicans: read Philip K. Dick.

Philip K. Dick was the science fiction writer who once said that "Reality is the one thing that, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

No comments: