Wednesday, March 13, 2013

new red shoe guy


We got white smoke from the chimbeley atop the Sistine Chapel, and shortly after came the announcement: the Cat'licks chose a real dark horse this time. That's one sign of a liberal-conservative split in the college.

According to the Guardian (UK( the new guy is quite humble, soft-spoken, and has a "practical" attitude toward poverty. He usually travels by bus -- a very good sign.

He's from Argentina, name is Jorge Mario Bergoglio, but will call himself Francis as pope -- an even better sign.

Pope Francis has a really easy act to follow: Pope Benny was just a flustered old guy who didn't know his ass from his elbow about  worldly things. Any Pope who rides the bus is going to know a little bit about the world, and maybe this new guy knows a little more history than the last one did.

I wonder, will his papal feet tread the earth in the red papal shoes? & will he sing "Got my papal feet in my papal shoes; I believe, Lord, I got those pontificate blues..."? Even money says he will continue wearing the sneaks I'm sure are under that cassock right now.

No comments: