Saturday, December 19, 2015

eating one's words

I never liked eating my words. They taste bitter, especially when 
one says nasty things sbout somebody he doesn't like anyway.




A couple of days ago I wrote a post here in which I accused  Hillary Clinton of being incapable of exhibiting either passion or spontaneity. Then, the evening of the next day, speaking at a venue at which she showed up an hour-and-a-half late, she showed both, almost as if she was answering my blog (although I'm sure she wouldn't know me if I walked up to her and painted her white.)

The reason she was so late to her own party was due to a meeting that ran long, between herself and some Somalis.The speech was scheduled at the University in St. Paul for 5:00, but it was closer to 6:30 when she finally showed, much to the relief of her grateful, very patient audience.

The speech doesn't seem that special at first,beginning with acknowledgements and boilerplate, but she begins to warm to the announced topic at a few seconds past 8 minutes. 

I don't know what went on at the meeting with the local Somalis, but I know she showed up for her speech loaded 4 bear, and made a liar out of me.

No comments: