Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Signs, Portents, and Omens


I don't consider myself superstitious, but I've learned to pay attention to signs, portents, and omens:

*The divorce card appearing in the middle of the future line in a personal reading of March, 2003;

*Uncontrolled weeping the day I left my job and home (a day I had been working toward for years) and traveled south to my new location; black clouds with violent lightning on the horizon as I approached it, driving the straight line of CA 18 through the desert toward Yucca Valley;

*The patriarch acting like a small child at the dinner table on our first night in our new home.

My advice to people is to avoid looking for omens, but to pay heed to those which are large, distinct, unavoidable, and unambiguous as regards interpretation.

No comments: