Saturday, February 04, 2012

sunshine deh yeah

Sittin here in starbutt's waitin for my honey to come back from her phrenology appointment.

The sun is shining bright. Actually, that's supposed to be the sun is shining brightly. But I've become a believer in the idea that it's OK to break any rule in that very large book as long as you know what rule you're breaking, and why. And anyway, proper grammar is no good in certain kinds of songs:

Alberta, Alberta, where'd you stay last night?
Alberta, Alberta, where'd you stay last night?
You never come home, dear, until the sun is shining brightly.

The bright sunshine reminded me of this very short song, which, if you haven't heard it before, it's time you did.

2 comments:

Miss MoneyPenny said...

Excuse me!! I take issue with my "phrenology" appointment. People are going to think I have a bumpy head.

WhitneyT said...

If we followed the rule that sentences must not end with a preposition, we would have sentences up with which we should not put.
~Lady Pamela, misquoting someone

PostScript: MissMoneyPenny's head is certainly not bumpy. Her brain must be evenly well-formed.
~LP~