Friday, July 20, 2012

back to the woods


I'm back in the forest, where I'm in the process of moving, although not proceeding with blitzkriegian speed. Today after brunch at the local and most excellent café, we drove into town for an errand at Don's, an old-time drugstore, then went up to the ornate, Victorian Kremlin-style county courthouse to pick up my new license tabs.

Then I took a big step, and at m'lady's insistence scheduled a consultation with a doctor on this side of the water, a general practitioner who I'm hoping will be what they call my primary-care physician -- something I haven't had for years. And I really need somebody at this point who can assess the comprehensive situation, as opposed to just treating this or that or the other problem.

I don't want to go on and on about my health problems, so I'll just give you the lowdown, kids: stay away from whiskey and cigarettes. You'll be sorry if you don't.

It's rain and clouds, with some thunder in the northwest today. It's been weird -- two days of sunny paradise followed by a day of water, mist, and haze. It's been the pattern for a couple of weeks, and there's not much doubt in my mind our climate here has changed, like everyone else's, only the effects here are not so far disastrous as they have been in other places.


1 comment:

Joe said...

I saw a local medical internist practice open up and thought of going for an introductory appointment except that I don't get out enough during normal business hours.