Wednesday, February 13, 2013

the bactrian inevitability

I've decided I've got to write a novel. It's what real writers do, right? They write novels, full of tough, intelligent, but sensitive females and protagonists with a lot of lean tautness.

So, you have to start with a title. I mean, that's kind of before you even start writing -- it's what people will see before they even start reading it. I thought of a good title and wrote it down here, so I wouldn't forget it.

The thing is, "The Bactrian Inevitability" sounds like a book title, because it takes that familiar form of article--adjectivized noun-- noun. The Andromeda Strain. The Mists of Avalon. The Princess Bride.

I have no idea at this point what it's about or who'll be in it, except for old Dub, a geezer curmudgeon who sits on his front porch drinking Buds and smoking Marlboros whlle softly cursing under his breath at the traffic rolling by his door.

3 comments:

Joe said...

Dave, I've thought that you should write one.

©∂†ß0X∑® said...

The problem with writing a novel is it's just about impossible if you're unsure what you want to say, or, if you have a message, but the novel isn't the best vehicle for delivering it.

Joe said...

Actually, I like what you say because I don't read fiction anymore. So would a non-fiction book be a better possibility?