Friday, November 09, 2012

say what?


Glenn Beck, reacting to Obama's victory, said on his radio show Wednesday morning:

“Man, sometimes God really sucks. I got up yesterday at 3:00 in the morning and I knew. And I couldn’t sleep and I started to say my prayers and I got up and kneeled down by the edge of my bed and I knew that — or I suspected that my mind’s not God’s mind, and the peace and the comfort that he had given me and so many of my friends was not about an election.”

In the weeks before the election, Beck yammered on incessantly about how God was preparing the way for a glorious Romney victory.

Was Glenn Beck's view of God "skewed?" Does saying that God sucks make him a blasphemer? Does this guy ever listen to himself? Why didn't he just blame the dumb, stupid, lazy, freeloading, mooching American citizenry, angling for free phones, government cheese, and subsidized rent, wine, and marijuana, like everybody else? You know, instead of bringing God into it?

1 comment:

Joe said...

The idea of God being on one side and against the other has led to a lot of problems through the ages. It has links to much of the conflict against some people in the Middle East. Over there the other side is sometimes referred to as the devil.