Sunday, April 19, 2015

раб-ing USA (Slaving USA)

Ben Affleck pressured PBS 2 edit out any reference 2 his slaver ancestors when he appeared on their show Finding Your Roots recently, and they went along with it.

PBS denies it, but Wikileaks emails released just this past week show they're lying.

He he. As if any of us have any control over what our ancestors did.


I'm neither ashamed nor proud of the fact that the Brices were slave owners, and also lived on land which formerly was the hunting-and-living ground of the Creek Nation. The guy on the $20 massacred the Creeks, nearly all of em, at Horseshoe Bend in present-day Alabama in 1814. Only  a couple hundred got out alive, and joined the Seminole in Florida.


The next year old 20bucks became a national hero when he "fought the bloody British at the Town of New Orleans." So it goes. 





Francis Brice was a slaver, as his parents had been. The parents came from England, and I think it was my great-great grandmother, Joanna Stallings, who was hot to take up the slave trade. Their kids followed their example until 1865 intervened.


My great Uncle David, for whom I am named, died in 1864 fighting for the slaveocracy. My folks considered naming me for my great-gradfather, Tim Brice, but he was a malingerer during the war.


I like the name David better than Timothy, but I'm sure I'd have gotten used to it. And I'm probably the first person in my family to beleve it's better 2 be a live malingerer than a dead war hero, especially one who gave his life for a buncha rich and disgusting slave owners, and their Kapital investment.  

Like most modern, industrial-age wars, the US Civil War was mainly about kapital. Don't believe it? I can back it up.

No comments: